My finest 4th of July recollections are all about watermelon and pool events. When I used to be youthful, we used to go to the group pool they usually hosted this relay race recreation the place you’d swim throughout the pool making an attempt to push a slippery watermelon with you. It was more durable than you suppose, particularly while you’re a little bit child. Afterward they’d minimize up the watermelon for all the youngsters to eat. Between the splashy water and the watermelon juices, nicely, it was all a giant enjoyable slippery summery mess.
All of those ideas of watermelon made me instantly suppose “fruit salad,” adopted by the realization that I by no means even posted a fruit salad on this web site! I’ve salads with fruit in them, however this one is a salad that’s actually all concerning the fruit. It’s pepped up with a lemon-gingery dressing, contemporary herbs, and some tender mozzarella cheese balls.
You might discover that I acquired a little bit artful and minimize my melons into star shapes – I used a 2-inch cookie cutter and I promise it wasn’t as fussy because it may appear :). Of course, you possibly can simply use a melon baller to avoid wasting time (and enjoyable).
Happy lengthy weekend!
A Festive Fruit Salad
- ½ honeydew, minimize into about 15 stars
- ⅓ seedless watermelon, minimize into about 15 stars
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls
- 1 cup cherries
- 1 loose-packed cup mint and basil leaves
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon contemporary lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly floor black pepper
- In a small jar, shake collectively the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, ginger, garlic, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Assemble the fruit, cheese and and herbs on a platter. Drizzle the dressing, gently toss and serve!
I used a 2″ star cutter to make the melon stars.
This recipe was initially an Instagram that I created in partnership with Whole Foods which is the place I acquired the entire lovely natural produce – on sale!
If you make this, allow us to see! Tag your picture with #loveandlemons on Instagram.