It’s April which implies – time for carrot desserts! Or, effectively, on this case, carrot snacks. These flippantly sweetened carrot bites are nice for 3pm snacktime or an on-the-go breakfast. They’re extra carroty than cakey – and by that I imply that they’re not cake-like in any respect and there’s no baking required (if you happen to’re actually craving cake click on right here). They’re chewy little balls constituted of a mixture of carrots, sunflower seeds, dates, coconut, and cinnamon.
By in style request, I made these nut free (so long as coconut is okay) – I used to be very tempted to attempt an almond model, however I held again as a result of sunflower seeds maintain these collectively fairly properly. For an almond-carrot recipe, keep in mind these cookies?
These are tremendous easy to place collectively. Just pulse all the substances within the meals processor and roll into balls. If you want, you’ll be able to roll them into some shredded coconut – they’re scrumptious with or with out the additional coconut. Pop them within the fridge for a handy snack all week!
Almost-Raw Carrot Sunflower Coconut Bites
- 1 cup uncooked hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + ⅓ cup for rolling
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 12 mushy Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in the event that they’re very dry
- ⅔ cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, extra to style
- In a meals processor, mix the sunflower seeds, 1 cup shredded coconut, cinnamon and salt and pulse till it turns into a superb meal.
- Add the dates and carrots and pulse till the combination combines and sticks collectively. Taste and add extra maple syrup if you want your bites sweeter. If the combination is just too dry, add extra maple syrup; if it’s too moist, add extra coconut and/or let the combo chill within the fridge for 20 minutes to agency up.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the combination, then use your fingers to roll it into roughly 1-inch balls.
- Roll within the remaining coconut to coat the skin, if desired. Store within the fridge in an air-tight container for as much as 5 days.
If you make this, allow us to see! Tag your picture with #loveandlemons on Instagram.