Something that’s on the prime of my fall bucket listing: apple choosing. Ok, I haven’t truly made a fall bucket listing, however I ought to as a result of I’ve all this stuff that I need to do now that we’ve moved again to Chicago and are experiencing the season to its fullest.
Growing up, certainly one of my absolute favourite fall actions was our household’s annual apple choosing journey. We’d all pile into station wagons and drive to a close-by orchard for the day. Joining us have been grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles… the entire household! Afterward, we’d return to somebody’s home and order pizzas (that is Chicago, in any case) whereas the mothers made apple pies. After that, we’d have bushels of apples (and pies!) for weeks.
I notice that this story ought to finish with apple pie, however it ends with the subsequent smartest thing – apple cookies! These cookies are on the healthy-ish aspect. They’re tender – extra like a muffin prime than a crispy cookie. They’re each vegan and gluten-free, made with oat flour. They’re additionally low in sugar, because of Truvia’s Brown Sugar Blend. I get SO MANY requests for decrease sugar stevia-based recipes, so I’m completely satisfied to share this recipe in partnership with Truvia.
Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, a mix of Truvia Natural Sweetener and brown sugar, bakes and browns similar to common brown sugar with the identical texture and moistness, which makes it straightforward to swap into your favourite fall baking recipes! Half a cup of Truvia Brown Sugar Blend is the same as 1 cup of conventional brown sugar with 75% fewer energy, so I can be ok with munching on cookies!
These apple cookies are full of oats, raisins, apples, and walnuts – principally fall in a cookie 🙂
Apple Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 2 tablespoons floor flaxseed + four tablespoons heat water
- 1½ cups oat flour, blended from 2 cups complete rolled oats*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup very creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 cup complete rolled oats
- ¾ cup finely chopped apple
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed and water. Stir and put aside to thicken for about 5 minutes.
- In a big bowl, stir collectively the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond butter, coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla, and brown sugar. Add the thickened flaxseed combination and stir effectively.
- Stir the entire rolled oats, apples, walnuts, and raisins into the bowl of dry components. Add the moist components to the dry components and stir effectively to mix. The batter will probably be thick and sticky.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheet and press down barely. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, till the bottoms are properly browned. (Note: don’t under-bake or your cookies will probably be extra more likely to crumble). Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for five minutes earlier than cooling fully on a wire rack.
*Make your personal oat flour by mixing (in a meals processor) complete rolled oats right into a superb flour.
This put up is in partnership with Truvia, thanks for supporting the sponsors that maintain us cooking!