I had a very totally different plan for cooking at present, however you understand what? In the tip I made a decision I simply needed some consolation meals. This Cheesy Rigatoni Skillet is simply one other model of my favourite straightforward consolation meals—pasta, sauce, cheese, and no matter greens I can work into the combination. I’ve made a number of comparable recipes previously, however I figured why not doc one other one. Today’s was an east, skillet lasagna impressed variation with spinach and mushrooms.
Not into spinach and mushrooms? No drawback. Brown some Italian sausage within the skillet first and use that rather than or along with the spinach and mushrooms. This dish is tremendous versatile! And, due to the truth that sliced mushrooms have been the identical value as entire mushrooms at present, and the comfort of my garlic press, I had ZERO CHOPPING to do for this recipe. That’s a simple meal win if I do say so myself. 🙂 (Okay, so I added some chopped parsley for the pictures, however wouldn’t have if I weren’t a meals blogger who’s livelihood trusted fairly pictures.)
Goes nice with: Homemade Garlic Bread, Tomato Cucumber Salad, Focaccia Rolls
Cheesy Rigatoni Skillet with Mushrooms and Spinach
Cheesy Rigatoni Skillet with Mushrooms and Spinach
Total Cost: $eight.76
Cost Per Serving: $2.19
- 2 Tbsp olive oil $zero.26
- three cloves garlic, minced $zero.24
- 8oz. mushrooms, sliced $1.99
- 24oz. pasta sauce (your favourite) $1.49
- ¼ lb. recent spinach $1.50
- 8oz. rigatoni $zero.84
- 8oz. entire milk ricotta $1.25
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan $zero.20
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella $zero.94
- Salt and Pepper to style $zero.05
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil for the rigatoni. Once boiling, add the pasta, and proceed to boil till tender. Drain in a colander and put aside till wanted.
- After beginning the pasta water, start the sauce. Add the olive oil and minced garlic to a big skillet and sauté for about one minute over medium warmth, or simply till the garlic turns into aromatic. Add the sliced mushrooms, a pinch of salt and pepper, and proceed to sauté till the mushrooms have launched all their moisture and start to brown on the sides (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add the sauce to the skillet. Stir the sauce because it heats, dissolving any browned bits off the underside of the skillet. Once the sauce is heated by, add the spinach, and proceed to stir and prepare dinner till the spinach has wilted (about 5 minutes extra).
- Once the rigatoni has been cooked and drained, stir it into the skillet with the sauce and greens and permit the whole lot to warmth by.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively the ricotta, Parmesan, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the ricotta combination to the skillet, in dollops over the floor. Gently fold the ricotta into the pasta, leaving it solely about half blended, so there are nonetheless pockets of ricotta inside the sauce and pasta.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the pasta, place a lid on the skillet, and let it warmth over medium-low till the cheese is melted. If you need the cheese to brown a bit, place it underneath your oven’s broiler (and not using a lid) and watch carefully till it develops just a few browned spots. Serve scorching.
Step by Step Photos
Begin cooking 8oz. of rigatoni based on the bundle instructions (boil for 7-10 minutes). Once it’s completed, drain in a colander and put aside. While the pasta is cooking, start making ready the sauce. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to a big skillet together with three cloves of minced garlic. Sauté over medium for about one minute, or simply till it turns into actually aromatic, then add eight oz. sliced mushrooms and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté the mushrooms till they launch all their moisture and so they start to brown on the sides. Mushrooms are type of attention-grabbing to prepare dinner as a result of at first they take in all of the oil and the skillet appears dry, then they start to melt and launch water and also you get a variety of steam and possibly even some liquid pooling within the skillet. Then that liquid dries up once more and the mushrooms lastly start to brown. 🙂
Then add 24oz. of your favourite sauce. I purchased this sauce on a whim as a result of there was an indication that mentioned it was 40% off (it did NOT ring up 40% off and I didn’t discover ’until I used to be dwelling, boooo.) and it occurs to be REALLY good. So good that I wish to return to the shop and purchase six extra. And no, this isn’t sponsored in any means, I simply needed to share that it was surprisingly good. It has only a contact of cream and chablis, which supplies it a very refined wonderful taste. I wish to eat it as a soup. Ha!
After including the sauce, stir it because it heats and ensure all of the brown bits are dissolved off the underside of the skillet. Once the sauce is scorching, add 1/Four lb. recent spinach.
Stir and prepare dinner the spinach within the sauce till the spinach has absolutely wilted (about 5 minutes).
By this time your rigatoni ought to be completed cooking and drained. Add the rigatoni to the sauce and stir to mix.
In a small bowl, stir collectively 8oz. entire milk ricotta, 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan, and a pinch of salt and pepper. I’ll say that ricotta varies fairly a bit from model to model and I’ve had some which might be actually not excellent. I might keep away from fat-free ricotta, for certain. I used Breakstone’s at present and it was nice (once more, not sponsored).
Add the ricotta combination in dollops on prime of the pasta. Gently fold the ricotta into the pasta, leaving it solely about half blended, so you continue to have some good massive caches of cheese all through.
Finally, sprinkle 1 cup shredded mozzarella over prime and both place a lid on the skillet and let it warmth over medium-low till the cheese melts, or place it underneath your oven’s broiler (no lid) till the cheese is melted and barely browned. Serve scorching.
Total consolation in a skillet proper there.
I’ll take a giant ol’ plate of that, please and thanks!