I believe there are 2 sorts of individuals on this world – those that love tuna salad and those that hate it. I’ve cherished it since I used to be a bit of child, my mother made it on a regular basis, so I undoubtedly fall into the primary class. But I’m hoping to bridge the “hater” hole with these chickpea salad lettuce wraps. If you’re not into fishy issues, no worries, these are fully vegan. If you are into fishy issues, I believe you’ll love these simply the identical – mashed chickpeas mixed with salty, briny flavors (i.e. good dijon mustard, capers, and cornichons) mixed with crunchy celery and scallions, recreates that tuna-salad-like style to me.
You may undoubtedly make an excellent sandwich or mock-tuna soften out of this chickpea combination, however because it’s spring and we’re attempting to eat lighter and brighter I made lettuce wraps.
To steadiness the brilliant and briny flavors of the chickpea salad, I made this creamy avocado dill dip utilizing Almond Breeze Almondmilk to whip all of it collectively.
This is a good lunch, particularly in the event you make the parts upfront – the sauce ought to final 2 to three days, the chickpea salad will final the week. These may even make a stunning Easter brunch appetizer for a similar make-ahead causes. Plus – how fairly and springy?
The recipe beneath will make about 12 lettuce wraps with a bit of further avocado dip. If you’re wanting to make use of up the remainder of the dip, I recommend you get away a bag of tortilla chips! Or, on the very least, slather it on a veggie sandwich the following day (#notasaddesklunch) it’s so luscious and scrumptious – I hope you take pleasure in it as a lot as we do!
Chickpea Salad Wraps w/ Avocado Dill Sauce
- 1 14-oz.can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, put aside to dry
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 6 small cornichons, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus 1 teaspoon zest
- 1 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 small clove of garlic
- freshly floor black pepper
- 12 bibb lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ¼ cup pickled purple onions*
- In a medium bowl, mix the chickpeas, celery, scallions, cornichons, garlic, dill, lemon juice and zest, mayo, Dijon mustard, capers and a number of other grinds of pepper. Mash with a potato masher, or pulse in a meals processor. If you employ a meals processor, simply course of about half of the combination and stir within the different half by hand in order that the ultimate texture will not be too pureed (i.e., we’re not making hummus). Taste and add a pinch of salt in the event you like. Chill till prepared to make use of.
- Make the avocado dill sauce by mixing the avocado, almond milk, lemon juice, dill, salt and a number of other grinds of pepper. Blend till creamy, including extra almond milk if crucial.
- Assemble lettuce wraps with the chickpea salad, dollops of avocado dill sauce, radishes and pickled purple onions.
*To make the quickest pickled purple onions, I mix one small purple onion, lined with rice vinegar, a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar. Stir and let chill within the fridge for at the least 30 minutes. They will final within the fridge for at the least 2 weeks.