Muffins have such a particular place in my coronary heart. Growing up, my household ate muffins for breakfast practically day by day and it was superior. My sister and I might *suppose* we needed the colourful cereals that the opposite youngsters had. We’d beg my mother to purchase them and when she would, they’d find yourself going stale on the highest shelf within the pantry. Nothing beat a heat muffin and an enormous glass of milk very first thing within the morning. Of course, I’ve since nixed the milk half, however my love for muffins continues.
These muffins, made with Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk, are my new favourite morning deal with.
Now, these are usually not your big bakery muffins – big and excessive – these are the calmly candy, small, on a regular basis form of muffins. They’re studded with chopped mango and topped with toasted coconut flakes. The lime juice helps them rise and a combination of flax binds them collectively – though these may also be made with an egg in the event you wouldn’t have flax, see the recipe beneath.
Almond Breeze Almondmilk is my go-to nondairy milk for baking, however the Almond Coconut Blend works particularly effectively right here to reinforce the sunshine coconut taste.
These are greatest proper out of the oven however additionally they freeze effectively! Store them in an hermetic bag within the freezer for as much as a month. Pop them within the microwave for 20 or so seconds for a heat muffin-y breakfast or snack.
Coconut Mango Muffins
- 1 tablespoon floor flaxseed*
- three tablespoons water*
- 2 teaspoons contemporary lime juice
- ¾ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk, at room temperature
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup cane sugar + 2 tablespoons sugar for the topping
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely diced ripe mango
- ½ to ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine the bottom flaxseed and water and put aside to thicken. Stir the lime juice into the almond milk and put aside.
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ½ cup of sugar. In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the flaxseed combination, almond milk/lime juice combination, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Pour the moist substances into the bowl of dry substances and stir till simply mixed. Do not overmix. Fold within the diced mango.
- Evenly divide the batter into the muffin cups, filling every about three-quarters full. Sprinkle with the coconut flakes and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted comes out clear. If desired, sprinkle calmly with the remaining sugar. Cool for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack to complete cooling.
*1 egg might be substituted rather than the flax + water combination.
This publish is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that maintain us cooking!
If you make this, allow us to see! Tag your picture with #loveandlemons on Instagram.