With Christmas only one week away, I believed I’d share some cookies… lastly! Admittedly, I’m a bit of late with the vacation treats this 12 months, however we did put up a tree (progress for us), so suffice it to say that our halls are decked! Or at the least decked sufficient.
Since chocolate chip cookies are my favourite factor to bake, I began there after which jazzed them up with pistachios and cranberries. They’re candy, nutty, and a bit of tangy – mainly the whole lot I crave in a candy deal with.
The dry mixture of this batter is made with half almond flour, which makes these a tad more healthy than your common vacation cookie and likewise a bit extra filling. Sometimes I can sit down and eat 10 cookies, however these guys fulfill my cookie cravings after one or two.
Christmas got here early this 12 months and we received this new Love & Lemons-themed (Majestic Yellow) KitchenAid® Artisan® Stand Mixer. I hope you caught final week’s put up the place I put their Spiralizer attachment to work. This week, I used the standard mixer attachments to make my cookies. So basic.
Oh, and did I point out? These cookies are vegan, which implies no uncooked eggs, which ALSO means – cookie dough time! Seriously, my favourite half about baking cookies is attending to that step the place the mix-ins get combined in. I’ll take the bowl and a spoon and goodbye 🙂
Ok, I did truly use the dough to bake a couple of as a result of Jack actually likes his cookies cooked!
Cranberry Pistachio Chip Cookies
- 2 tablespoons floor flaxseed + 6 tablespoons heat water
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour or entire wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup smooth coconut oil
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped pistachios
- ⅓ cup cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the underside of a stand mixer’s bowl, mix the flaxseed and water. Whisk (by hand) and put aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- To the mixer’s bowl, add the coconut oil, cane sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix on excessive till properly mixed.
- Gradually add the dry components to the moist components, mixing on low after every addition. Stir within the chocolate chips, cranberries, pistachios.
- Use a 2-inch cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes or till golden brown on the underside. (If utilizing a 1-inch scoop, bake 10 minutes). Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes earlier than cooling fully on a wire rack.
This put up is in partnership with KitchenAid®. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that hold us cooking!