As common I let the leftover substances in my fridge and pantry dictate what my subsequent recipes can be. I had some leftover corn tortillas from my Green Chile Migas, an additional can of black beans in my pantry, and a few leftover cream cheese. What does that spell? CREAMY BLACK BEAN TAQUITOS! Yay! I paired the taquitos with some shiny and tangy Cilantro Lime Rice and a facet of salsa for dipping. Actually, now that I’m serious about it, I’ve leftover queso fresco too, so I’d return and crumble a few of that over the rice! It pays to “sweep the kitchen” as soon as every week. 😉
I do know the primary query I’ll get within the feedback is, “How do you reheat the taquitos and keep them crispy??” and the reply is that you simply don’t. They don’t keep crispy and I’m okay with that. I reheat them within the microwave and so they’re nonetheless yummy. With meal prep it’s important to be okay with the truth that your reheated meals just isn’t going to be precisely the identical as when it was freshly cooked. Instead of specializing in the truth that it’s not the identical, I concentrate on the truth that it nonetheless tastes nice and I’m nonetheless actually grateful to have an superior, scrumptious, and cheap dwelling cooked meal. My taquitos might not be crispy, however they’re scrumptious and my entire lunch was about $2 as a substitute of $10. And that actually provides up over time.
If you’re not a fan of cilantro, my Easy Taco Rice is a good substitute!
Creamy Black Bean Taquito Meal Prep
This Meal Prep Includes:
1 batch Creamy Black Bean Taquitos: (16 whole): $four.83
four cups Cilantro Lime Rice: $1.32
1 cup salsa (1/four cup per meal): $zero.92
Total Cost: $7.08
Cost per Meal: $1.77
- The unique recipe for the Cilantro Lime Rice makes six cups, however I didn’t wish to have leftovers, so I reduce the batch all the way down to make about four cups. To do this I used 1.5 cups rice and a couple of.25 cups broth. I lowered the lime juice and cilantro accordingly as properly (estimated).
- I didn’t really retailer the meals with the salsa container inside the bigger glass container. The small sq. Ziploc containers that I used for the salsa (photograph beneath) have been too tall to correctly shut the lid on the glass containers, however I put them in there for the photograph in order that every little thing might be pictured collectively.
- Another nice optionally available facet for this meal can be Warm Corn and Avocado Salad!
- Want to make your personal salsa for dipping? Check out my Fire Roasted Salsa.
- And should you missed it above, Easy Taco Rice is a good sub for the Cilantro Lime Rice should you’re a soap-cilantro particular person. 😉
These are the little sq. Ziploc containers that I used for the salsa. They come eight to a pack, which is nice as a result of I’ve misplaced at the least 4 of my final set. LOL. I bought these at Target.
The large, shallow, one compartment glass containers pictured above are made by Pyrex and bought from Amazon (upon suggestion from many readers). So far they’re nice!
And that’s it for this week! Enjoy your lunches!