pan sauce is so easy to make and squeezes each final drop of taste out of your meat. This week I made a creamy garlic pan sauce for some rooster thighs that I had stashed within the freezer, and added mushrooms to bulk out the meal a bit. You can serve this Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken over pasta or rice, or should you’re making an attempt to curb the carbs, make an enormous ol’ lovely salad to go with these creamy flavors. Keep dinner easy, preserve dinner scrumptious!
Goes nice with: Focaccia Rolls, Homemade Garlic Bread, Summer Vegetable Tian, Oven Roasted (frozen) Broccoli
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
Total Cost: $7.77
Cost Per Serving: $1.94
- 8oz. mushrooms $1.99
- four cloves garlic $zero.32
- four boneless, skinless rooster thighs $three.94
- Salt and pepper to style $zero.05
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil $zero.04
- ½ cup rooster broth* $zero.07
- 1 cup half and half $zero.85
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan $zero.41
- Parsley for garnish (elective) $zero.10
- Wash and slice the mushrooms. Mince the garlic. Season each side of the rooster thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a big skillet over medium, then add a tablespoon of cooking oil. Swirl the oil to coat the underside of the skillet. Add the rooster thighs to the skillet and prepare dinner till golden brown on both sides and cooked by (about 5 minutes per facet). Remove the rooster to a plate and canopy with foil to maintain heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for one minute, or simply till the garlic softens. Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 5-7 minutes extra, or till the mushrooms have wilted. Add the rooster broth to the skillet and stir to dissolve all of the browned bits off the underside.
- Add the half and half to the skillet and convey it as much as a simmer. Turn the warmth right down to medium-low and simmer the liquid, stirring typically, for about 5 minutes. Stir within the Parmesan till it has melted in.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper if wanted. Add the rooster again to the skillet, drench with sauce, and warmth over low till warmed by. Top with recent parsley for garnish, if desired.
*I take advantage of Better Than Bouillon to make my broth.
Step by Step Photos
Begin by washing and slicing 8oz. mushrooms and mincing 4 cloves of garlic.
Season each side of 4 boneless, skinless rooster thighs with salt and pepper.
Heat a skillet over medium, then add a tablespoon of cooking oil, swirling to coat the underside of the skillet. Add the rooster thighs and prepare dinner till golden brown on both sides and cooked by (about 5 minutes on both sides). Remove the rooster thighs to a plate and canopy with foil to maintain heat.
Add the minced garlic and sauté for one minute, then add the sliced mushrooms and proceed to sauté till they’ve softened.
Add 1/2 cup rooster broth to the skillet and stir to dissolve the browned bits off the underside, then pour in 1 cup half and half. Bring the liquid as much as a simmer, then flip right down to medium-low and let simmer, stirring typically, for about 5 minutes.
Add 1/four cup grated Parmesan and stir in till melted into the sauce. Taste the sauce and season with salt and freshly cracked pepper to your liking.
Add the rooster thighs again to the skillet, spoon the sauce over high, and permit to warmth by (just some minutes).
Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired! (It certain does make it look fairly, huh?)
Tender, creamy, and scrumptious!