Most folks say breakfast is an important meal of the day, however I personally get most enthusiastic about lunch. People who say “I was too busy, I forgot to eat lunch”… I don’t get you. But perhaps I’m the one weirdo who eats breakfast after which instantly begins counting down the hours ’til lunch?
This bowl was impressed by one bizarre day final week after I made a fast lunch for myself with kale, candy potatoes, another issues I had available, and these Yves Kale & Quinoa Bites. It’s positively an “I work from home” type of lunch, however the entire thing got here collectively inside the 20 or so minutes that it took to roast the candy potato cubes. I often have most of those substances on-hand so this type of bowl is a go-to system for me.
What kicks this bowl up a notch are these tasty Kale & Quinoa Bites. I feel they style like mini falafels, plus they add some good veggie protein to your bowl. They’re a yummy little addition, particularly in the event you’re not somebody who has time throughout your lunch break to make home made falafel.
I marinated my chickpeas in a zippy lemon-dijon dressing after which mainly smothered all the things in olive oil, lemon juice, and tahini. Done and executed. Now I’m off to begin fascinated by what’s for dinner…
Easy Power Lunch Bowls
- 1 small candy potato, cubed
- eight Yves Kale & Quinoa Bites
- ¾ cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- eight to 10 lacinato kale leaves, chopped
- 6 paper-thin slices from 1 Chioggia beet or watermelon radish
- ½ avocado, diced (non-compulsory)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Red pepper flakes (non-compulsory)
- 2 tablespoons runny tahini (skinny with heat water if vital)**
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the candy potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper and roast for 25 minutes. Halfway by means of add the Yves Kale & Quinoa Bites to the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the chickpeas, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, Dijon mustard and pinches of salt and pepper. Set apart.
- In a big bowl, therapeutic massage the kale with a drizzle of olive oil, ½ tablespoon lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. We’re seasoning each layer right here to verify the entire greens are flavorful.
- Assemble two massive particular person serving bowls with the kale, chickpeas, candy potatoes, Yves Kale & Quinoa Bites, beet or radish slices and avocado, if utilizing. Sprinkle with the hemp seeds and purple pepper flakes, if utilizing. Drizzle with the tahini sauce and one other huge squeeze of lemon, if desired. Serve with lemon wedges.
**If you don’t love the style of uncooked tahini, or if yours tastes bitter by itself, make a dressing by mixing the next substances collectively:
2 tablespoons tahini
½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
½ teaspoon maple syrup
1 to 2 tablespoons heat water, as wanted
Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
This put up is in partnership with Yves Veggie Cuisine. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that maintain us cooking!
If you make this, allow us to see! Tag your picture with #loveandlemons on Instagram.