I really like ratatouille – eggplant, zucchini, peppers, and tomatoes all mingling along with flavors of fruity olive oil, thyme, oregano, and recent basil… But it’s summer time and what I don’t love is standing over a sizzling range. So I got here up with this straightforward GRILLED model of ratatouille that takes all of about 15 minutes to make. It’s under no circumstances genuine, however I really like how the char of the grill flavors these greens.
For simple summer time consuming, I assembled these as toasts. They’re a scrumptious snack with wine – however they’re hearty sufficient to double as a lightweight dinner.
Once grilled, I chopped up the greens into bite-sized items and tossed them with sherry vinegar, garlic and herbs de provence (which is mainly a mixture of dried thyme, oregano, rosemary, marjoram and lavender). I supposed you might combine all of these spices collectively individually however belief me, it’s simply simpler to purchase the spice combine – you’ll use it many times for those who love these flavors as a lot as I do.
To get the greens to stay to the bread, I put a slather of plain hummus, although you might use a selection of goat cheese for those who like. Again, not genuine, however I didn’t need the greens to fall in every single place upon first chunk.
Serve with chilled rose! Cheers!
Grilled Ratatouille Tartines
- 1 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 crimson bell pepper, halved, ribs and seeds eliminated
- three entire scallions
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- ¼ cup chopped recent basil
- eight slices of fine bread, toasted
- hummus or goat cheese
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium warmth.
- Drizzle the zucchini, eggplant, crimson pepper and scallions with olive oil and some pinches of salt. Grill till charred, about three minutes per facet.
- Remove the greens from the grill, let cool barely, then chop all the things into 1-inch items. Toss them in a mixing bowl with the cherry tomatoes, garlic, sherry vinegar, herbs de Provence and basil.
- Season to style, then serve on toasted bread with a selection of goat cheese or hummus.