Today’s put up isn’t as a lot a recipe as it’s a meal concept or instance of how I construct meals on the fly primarily based on what I’ve within the fridge. I’ve posted about my savory breakfast bowls earlier than, however I’ve just lately found a brand new bowl-changing ingredient, hummus. Hummus provides a creamy, tangy aspect to the bowl that actually takes it to the following stage. And since I made FOUR flavors of hummus the opposite day, I’m just about in Hummus Breakfast Bowl heaven this week! 😀
If you’re a savory breakfast lover like I’m, I feel you’ll actually love the comfort and suppleness of those hummus breakfast bowls. All you actually need to maintain readily available are eggs, frozen broccoli (or spinach), cooked rice, and hummus. Those are the primary parts. Everything else is versatile. Some different issues that I like so as to add to my breakfast bowls occasionally are: sriracha, sesame seeds, kimchi (utilizing each kimchi AND hummus generally is a bit a lot, however I grew to actually get pleasure from it), sliced inexperienced onions, coconut oil (blended into the nice and cozy rice and broccoli), leftover rotisserie hen, or another vegetable I’ve hanging out within the fridge.
Use these bowls as a possibility to cut back waste and experiment with new taste mixtures. Let me know when you’ve got a brand new ingredient or combo that you simply’ve found is nice in a breakfast bowl!
Hummus Breakfast Bowls
Hummus Breakfast Bowls
Total Cost: $1.01
Cost Per Serving: $1.01
- 1 cup cooked rice $zero.19
- Four-5 frozen broccoli florets $zero.21
- 1 massive egg, smooth boiled or fried $zero.27
- 2 Tbsp hummus $zero.19
- Pinch of salt and pepper $zero.05
- Pinch of sesame seeds $zero.05
- Sriracha to style $zero.05
- Soft boil or fry one egg, leaving the yolk runny to offer additional “sauce” for the bowl.
- While the egg is cooking, add the pre-cooked rice and broccoli florets to a bowl. Microwave on excessive for one minute, or till the rice is scorching and the florets are warmed by means of.
- Add the hummus, cooked egg, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl with the rice and broccoli. Drizzle with sriracha and sprinkle sesame seeds over high. Enjoy!
There aren’t step-by-step photographs for this “recipe” since you actually simply pile the whole lot in a bowl and eat it. I’ll say that I wish to reheat the rice and broccoli florets within the microwave as I prepare dinner my egg, bringing the entire prep time for this breakfast to about 10 minutes. Sometimes I do fried eggs, typically smooth boiled. Click right here for directions for making PERFECT smooth boiled eggs. It’s really easy.
I do know all you candy breakfast folks on the market are most likely recoiling in disgust proper now. Ha! 🙂
Oh, and P.S. I completely eat these at any time of the day, not simply breakfast.