I’m excited to share this recipe at present – these Pistachio Oat Squares are SO scrumptious!
It’s spring which signifies that the greatest cookbooks are popping out now. You know those – they’re brimming with recent wholesome, veggie-ful recipes. This recipe is from Jessica Murnane’s e book One Part Plant. If you’re not conversant in my weblog pal Jessica, you need to go take heed to her podcast – she’s hosted all your favourite meals bloggers (together with yours actually!) and different inspiring of us who’re a part of the plant-forward meals neighborhood.
Her mission is straightforward – to encourage folks to eat one plant-based meal a day. No judgement, no strings. Simple as that. The cookbook displays her imaginative and prescient with accessible, simple to organize, but scrumptious recipes like these oat squares.
These are within the “snack” part of her e book – Jessica famous that they’re a bit of too candy for breakfast however not fairly candy sufficient for dessert. Well, um… I ate these for dessert after which once more the subsequent morning for breakfast – they’re addictive!
While these look so fairly with pistachios, I really feel like this recipe would simply lend itself to using different nuts in case you don’t occur to have pistachios readily available. These had been really easy to make – go run to your kitchen now in case you’re craving a flippantly candy, nutty, oaty snack!
This lasagna recipe is subsequent on my to-make listing – yum!
Oh, and go get her e book!
Jessica’s Pistachio Oat Squares
- 1 cup uncooked shelled pistachios
- 1 cup rolled oats*
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup, extra for drizzling on prime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- further handful of chopped pistachios for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels and line a 9-inch sq. pan with parchment paper. In a meals processor with the S blade hooked up, course of the pistachios, oats, and salt for about 30 seconds, till a meal begins to type. Drizzle within the maple syrup and olive oil whereas the motor continues to be operating and the meal begins to come back collectively right into a crumbly, almost-wet dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the pan and canopy it with coconut flakes and remaining pistachios. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes till the coconut is sweet and golden brown and the dough is cooked by way of. You need the squares to nonetheless be a bit of mushy – do not overbake these.
- Carefully raise the cooled dough out of the pan by holding two sides of the parchment paper. Cut it into squares. Drizzle a bit of maple syrup excessive for further sweetness, in case you like. Store the squares in a sealed container for as much as per week.
*To make these gluten free make sure you use Certified Gluten Free Oats.