I usually get requested “How did you start your blog?” and “Do you have any tips for me if I’m just getting started?” I’m not superb at answering these questions, notably the second as a result of what labored for me in 2011 after I began my weblog might be outdated right now.
But I do have one tip that can stand the take a look at of time: Make good weblog buddies.
I’ll always remember the week I began my weblog (waaaay again in 2011). Jack and I had labored actually laborious to decide on recipes, study to take flattering photos of meals (tougher than you suppose!), and design/program a great wanting web site. We made the web site dwell and I puzzled if my mother can be our solely reader.
One day, Jack was making an attempt to elucidate to me how Twitter works and instantly there was a large “BLEEP” from my pc… somebody had tagged me in a tweet that stated “Love and Lemons is love at first sight,” and it was from an account known as Cookie and Kate. 30 seconds later, “bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep”… re-tweets and messages began flashing in and I squealed with each Tweety confusion and pleasure that this weblog factor was going to work. Of course, there can be years and mountains of (principally free) work forward of me earlier than I might name this labor of affection a job… however it needed to begin someplace, little by little. In my case, this begin was initiated by one form soul who was the primary to share a slice of her readership with me.
Fast ahead to now… Cookie and Kate has turn out to be considered one of my favourite vegetarian blogs to learn and Kathryne has turn out to be considered one of my absolute best weblog buddies. If you aren’t following her weblog, you must – she makes scrumptious, attainable vegetarian meals and her first cookbook, Love Real Food, is an actual stunner. I’ve learn it cowl to cowl and I’ve one tip for you: don’t learn it when you’re hungry! I drooled over recipes like Roasted Eggplant Lasagna, Chickpea Tikka Masala, and Fresh Greek Nachos earlier than stopping at her beautiful peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies are so scrumptious and SO fast to make. It’s a one bowl recipe that ends in wealthy, gentle pillowy cookies which can be frivolously crisp on the surface. These little guys include no flour (in order that they’re naturally gluten and grain free) they usually’re sweetened with coconut sugar. I made my cookies with eggs because the recipe states, however Kathryne additionally provides a vegan possibility within the footer of the recipe which I’ll embrace right here as properly.
I’ll be making these Greek Nachos with Herbed Tahini this week – yum!
Her e-book will not be solely beautiful, however there are additionally the cutest photos of her canine Cookie 🙂
Her e-book comes out tomorrow – go get your self a duplicate!
Kathryne’s Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 2 cups frivolously packed coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon high quality sea salt
- 1 jar (16 oz.) creamy peanut butter (1¼ cups)
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (60% cacao)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a big rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the coconut sugar and eggs and whisk till easy. Whisk within the vanilla and salt till blended.
- Add the peanut butter and whisk till the dough is easy and the peanut butter has utterly blended into the batter (you would possibly want to change to a giant spoon towards the tip, which you may want for mixing within the chocolate chips, anyway). Add the chocolate chips and stir till the chocolate chips are evenly integrated.
- For cookies that keep completely mounded, chill the dough for 15 minutes earlier than continuing. Use a 1-tablespoon cookie dough scoop or two spoons to scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the ready baking sheets, leaving 1 to 2 inches of house round every one. Chill any remaining dough when you bake the primary batch.
- Bake till the cookies are golden on the edges however nonetheless just a bit underdone within the middle, 11 to 13 minutes. Let the cookies relaxation on the recent baking sheet for two minutes earlier than transferring them with a steel spatula to a cooling rack to chill utterly. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- These cookies preserve properly at room temperature for about four days, and freeze properly for as much as three months.
Make these vegan through the use of vegan chocolate chips and omitting the eggs. Kathryne notes that egg free cookies might be lighter and have a extra meringue-like in texture that is barely gritty.