When life arms you lemons – make lemon thyme cookies! When we first planted our lemon tree I had this romantic concept that I’d be capable of choose recent lemons all 12 months spherical. Obviously, I’m not good with vegetation or I might have identified that the well-known saying is actually true. You get lemons annually and also you get lots of them. Needless to say, life has been lemony these days in some ways, however at the moment it’s all about beautiful lemony cookies.
I need to say, I made a ton of those. I attempted various variations that had been vegan, gluten free, totally different oils, all types of issues. I used to be type of stressing out. Some had been dry, some had been burned, and a few flattened out like pancakes (though not good pancakes). I’m simply fortunate that Jack, being the type meals tester he is, made certain not a crumb went to waste.
So what did I find yourself with? A easy, pleasant, lemon butter cookie. Sometimes difficult occasions demand easy options.
This taste mixture was impressed by our new partnership with technique. I’m excited to be working with them as a result of I’ve been shopping for their merchandise for years. Also, as a graphic designer, I’ve all the time adored their bundle design. They have a new line of kitchen hand wash that’s scented with a wide range of important oils and it’s as purposeful as it’s stunning. It’s comprised of plant-derived components and is nice for some sticky kitchen conditions like getting that pasty flour/water mess off of your arms. This one – thyme – gave me the thought to attempt including recent thyme leaves to my lemon cookies.
The recipe is fairly easy and straight ahead. Mix the dough, chill the dough, and roll it out. Cut out hearts, bake them, and share with somebody you’re keen on!
Lemon Thyme Shortbread Cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup cane sugar
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon recent lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon recent thyme leaves, chopped
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter within the bowl of an electrical mixer. Add the sugar and beat till fluffy, scraping down the perimeters of the bowl as wanted. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme and blend once more. Add the flour and salt and blend till simply mixed. Turn the dough out onto a floured floor and flatten right into a 1” disk. If the dough is sticky, wrap and chill for 15 to 30 minutes till agency however nonetheless pliable.
- Roll the dough on a flippantly floured floor till about ¼“ thick. If desired, dough can be rolled between two pieces of parchment paper. Use 2” cookie cutters to chop out desired shapes. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 10 to 14 minutes or till the sides are flippantly browned. Keep any further cut-out cookies within the fridge till able to bake.
- Remove from the oven and switch the cookies to wire racks to chill. Store at room temperature for as much as 5 days.
This submit is sponsored by Method Home. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that preserve us cooking!