We’ve been overloaded with selections currently. “Where to live?” has been the query of the 12 months, however I’m joyful to say that we’re lastly within the course of of shopping for a new house (extra on that later!). Now the selections at hand are issues like “which barstools match the new countertop? which sofas are free of VOC’s?” and “is a white sofa a really bad idea?”
Suffice it to say, after I received round to this recipe, I couldn’t make up my thoughts on only one choice so… Mix & Match quesadillas it’s! A no brainer. Hallelujah.
Here’s how they go:
First, the binders. Yes, you may simply bind your quesadillas with melted cheese, however refried beans, mashed candy potato, and mashed avocado are enjoyable, wholesome, vegan-friendly alternate options. Spread a skinny layer onto your tortilla earlier than including the fillings (see the images beneath).
Next, the veggie fillings! Fresh candy corn, sauteed spinach, purple onion, diced avocado, sliced serrano peppers, and sliced cherry tomatoes are all good seasonal decisions.
Next, make your quesadilla actually flavorful by including a couple of dollops of salsa inside earlier than you fold them up. My pricey pal Gaby of the weblog What’s Gaby Cooking simply launched her personal line of salsas – they’re SO scrumptious in these! Her Tomatillo Salsa is vibrant and tangy, and her Chipotle Tomato Salsa is wealthy and smoky. I haven’t tried her Guacamole Starter but, however I pictured it right here anyway as a result of you should purchase these three as a set at Williams Sonoma. So good, (option to go Gaby!)
Fold your crammed tortillas in half and grill on either side. Slice the completed quesadillas into wedges (as pictured on the high of this put up). Serve sizzling with extra salsa on the facet 🙂
Mix & Match Veggie Quesadillas
- eight entire wheat or corn tortillas* (see word)
- ¾ cup candy potato mash, from about ½ baked candy potato
- 1 (14-ounce) can refried pinto beans** (see word)
- 1 avocado, mashed with a squeeze of lime & pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, elective
- Prep the fillings and preheat a grill pan or skillet to medium excessive.
- Spread every tortilla with one binding ingredient – mashed candy potato, refried beans, mashed avocado or cheese – in order that your quesadillas will stick collectively.
- Add desired veggie fillings. Fold every tortilla in half over the fillings and gently press down.
- Cook every quesadilla for two to three minutes per facet, till gentle char marks type. Remove from the pan, slice into wedges and serve.
**I used Whole Foods refried pinto beans which I like as a result of they arrive properly spiced.