This dish is whole consolation. Potatoes, cabbage, smoked sausage, and a tangy selfmade mustard French dressing. I’m in love! This One Pan Roasted Kielbasa and Cabbage Dinner is so extremely simple and provides me the whole lot I would like on one plate. I do know I’ll be making this one typically.
If you possibly can’t discover kielbasa, you possibly can in all probability get away with utilizing nearly any smoked sausage right here. It’s the smokiness that’s vital as a result of that deep smoky taste actually pulls the elements collectively, so don’t be tempted to make use of recent sausage. Go smoky.
If you wish to double this recipe, be sure to separate the whole lot between two baking sheets in order that the whole lot will get ample publicity to scorching air. Crowded elements = soggy greens and no scrumptious browning. And you might in all probability get away with out doubling the dressing (I had some left over). BUT this recipe is very easy that if you’re doubling it for meal prep functions, I’d counsel simply making a second recent batch later within the week. It’s too simple to not have it recent!
One Pan Roasted Kielbasa and Cabbage Dinner
One Pan Roasted Kielbasa and Cabbage Dinner
Total Cost: $5.71
Cost Per Serving: $1.42
- ¼ cup olive oil $zero.52
- 2 Tbsp crimson wine vinegar $zero.20
- 1 Tbsp coarse mustard* $zero.08
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed or minced $zero.08
- ¼ tsp salt $zero.02
- Freshly cracked pepper $zero.03
ROASTED KIELBASA AND VEGETABLES
- ½ lb. kielbasa $1.60
- 1 lb. child crimson potatoes $1.63
- ½ head cabbage** $1.02
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided $zero.26
- Pinch of salt and pepper $zero.05
- Handful chopped recent parsley $zero.22
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. In a small bowl whisk collectively the olive oil, crimson wine vinegar, mustard, crushed garlic, salt, and freshly cracked pepper for the French dressing. Set the French dressing apart.
- Slice the kielbasa into ¼-inch thick rounds. Wash the potatoes nicely and slice them into ¼-inch rounds as nicely. Place the kielbasa and potatoes on a big baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Toss the kielbasa and potatoes within the oil till they’re nicely coated and the floor of the baking sheet can be coated in oil. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over prime.
- Remove any soiled or broken leaves from the cabbage. Cut the stem off the cabbage, then minimize it in half. Reserve one half for a unique recipe. Slice the remaining half into 1-inch extensive slices. Cut every slice into two items. Place the cabbage items on the baking sheet with the kielbasa and potatoes, nestling them down in order that they’re laying flat on the baking sheet.
- Brush the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over the floor of the cabbage items and add a remaining pinch of salt and pepper to every.
- Roast the kielbasa, potatoes, and cabbage within the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and punctiliously flip the kielbasa, potatoes, and cabbage items. The cabbage might collapse a bit because it’s flipped, which is okay. Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast for a further 10-15 minutes, or till the cabbage is tender and the perimeters are barely brown and crispy. The kielbasa and potato slices must be nicely browned.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and prime with recent chopped parsley and a drizzle of the mustard French dressing. Serve heat.
**My head of cabbage weighed three lbs. when complete.
Step by Step Photos
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Prepare the French dressing first to permit the flavors time to mix. In a small bowl whisk collectively 1/Four cup olive oil, 2 Tbsp crimson wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp coarse or Dijon mustard, 1 small clove of minced or crushed garlic, 1/Four tsp salt, and a few freshly cracked pepper. Set the dressing apart.
You’ll want half of lb. kielbasa (or any smoked sausage) for this recipe. I froze the opposite half of mine so I may make this once more one other day. 🙂
Slice the kielbasa into 1/Four-inch rounds. Clean 1 lb. child crimson potatoes nicely, then slice them into 1/Four-inch rounds. Place the kielbasa and potatoes on a big baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Toss the kielbasa and potatoes till they’re nicely coated within the oil and the oil has coated the floor of the baking sheet. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over prime.
Remove any soiled or broken leaves from a 3lb. head of cabbage. Cut it in half and reserve one half for a unique recipe. Cut the stem off of the half that will probably be used. Cut the cabbage into 1-inch extensive slices. Then, minimize every slice into two items.
Nestle the cabbage items into the kielbasa and potatoes in order that they’re laying flat on the baking sheet. Brush the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over the floor of the cabbage items, then add a remaining pinch of salt and pepper.
Roast the kielbasa, cabbage, and potatoes within the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then rigorously take away them and flip all of the items (you’ll discover that they brown on the underside, so it’s vital to flip all of them). The cabbage might collapse a bit as you flip it, however that’s okay. Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes extra, or till the cabbage is tender and barely browned on the perimeters, and the kielbasa and potatoes are nicely browned.
Top the baking sheet with a handful of chopped recent parsley and a drizzle of the ready mustard French dressing (you in all probability received’t want all of it).
And that’s it! Now it’s able to devour.
THIS is all I would like. 🙌