Stop every little thing and hear carefully. I’ve been making new recipes each week for over seven years and may actually say this One Pot Sausage and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta is without doubt one of the greatest issues I’ve ever made. I totally intend to make a second batch tomorrow, or no matter day my leftovers run out. Hopefully that’s not earlier than tomorrow, however I’m not making any guarantees.
Why is that this pasta so nice? Well, I used to be ready to make use of a bunch of issues that I have already got in my pantry, freezer, and fridge. In truth, the one factor I purchased for this was the sausage, and that’s one thing I typically DO have in my freezer (as a result of I often use half pound at a time). In different phrases, this can be a GREAT last-minute “pantry” dinner.
Second, as a result of it’s “one pot” fashion, there’s barely any clear up and a LOT of taste. Not one drop of goodness is misplaced as a result of every little thing cooks collectively. And lastly, it’s a really nicely rounded meal. Vegetables, pasta, meat, it’s all there! #win
Some folks discover this “one pot” fashion of cooking pasta somewhat difficult, so let me provide you with just a few pointers. 1) You want to make use of a thick bottomed pot or skillet in order that it heats evenly. 2) The quantity of water or broth you’ll need will differ with the scale and form of pasta that you just use. As you close to the tip of the cooking time, be aware of the quantity of liquid within the backside of the skillet. If there may be nonetheless numerous liquid, let it simmer for the final 2-Three minutes with out the lid to permit for evaporation (don’t drain it). If the liquid all will get absorbed earlier than the pasta is tender, merely add somewhat water. Three) Make positive the warmth beneath the skillet is about to the bottom temperature that maintains a gentle simmer within the broth. If it stops simmering it is not going to cook dinner the pasta. If it boils or simmers too laborious the entire time it will possibly dry up and the underside can scorch. Feel it out. It will get simpler each time, identical to driving a motorcycle.
You prepared for this?
One Pot Sausage and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
One Pot Sausage and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
Total Cost: $5.58
Cost Per Serving: $1.40
- 8oz. candy Italian sausage $2.00
- 1 Tbsp olive oil $zero.13
- 2 cloves garlic, minced $zero.16
- ½ lb. frozen broccoli florets $zero.85
- 2 cups hen broth* $zero.28
- ⅓ cup solar dried tomatoes $1.00
- 8oz. pasta (any small form**) $zero.80
- Pinch of crimson pepper (elective) $zero.02
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan $zero.41
- Add the olive oil and sausage to the skillet and cook dinner over medium warmth till browned. If utilizing hyperlinks, cook dinner them till browned on the surface and agency sufficient to slice, then slice into medallions, return to the skillet, and brown on either side. Transfer the cooked sausage to a clear bowl and drain off all however about 1 Tbsp fats from the skillet.
- Add the minced garlic and frozen broccoli florets to the skillet. Sauté over medium warmth for 2-Three minutes, or simply till the broccoli is vivid inexperienced and now not frozen. Transfer the broccoli florets to the bowl with the sausage.
- Add the hen broth to the skillet and stir or whisk to dissolve the browned bits off the underside of the skillet. Slice the solar dried tomatoes into strips and add them to the broth with the pasta and a pinch of crimson pepper flakes. Stir, place a lid on high, and switch the warmth as much as medium excessive. When the broth begins to boil, give the skillet a fast stir, change the lid, and switch the warmth all the way down to low or simply above low in order that the broth maintains a simmer.
- Simmer the pasta and solar dried tomatoes for about 7 minutes, stirring each couple of minutes, or till the pasta is tender and a lot of the liquid is absorbed. If the pasta turns into tender earlier than all of the broth has been absorbed, merely let it simmer for the final couple of minutes with out the lid.
- Once the pasta is tender and solely a small quantity of thickened liquid stays within the backside of the skillet, add the cooked sausage and broccoli again to the pasta. Stir to mix and sprinkle the grated Parmesan over high. Serve instantly.
**The pasta form I used is named “flowers” and is made by DaVinci.
Step by Step Photos
Begin by browning half of lb. candy Italian sausage in a skillet with 1 Tbsp olive oil, over medium warmth. You can use floor sausage or hyperlinks. If utilizing hyperlinks, brown them complete till they’re agency sufficient to slice, then slice into medallions, return them to the skillet, and brown them on either side. Once the sausage is browned and cooked by way of, switch it to a clear bowl and drain off all however about 1 Tbsp of the fats from the skillet.
Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and half of lb. frozen broccoli florets to the skillet. Continue to sauté over medium till the broccoli is vivid inexperienced and now not frozen (Three-5 minutes, don’t over cook dinner). Transfer the broccoli to the bowl with the sausage.
Next, add 2 cups hen broth to the skillet and stir or whisk it to dissolve the browned bits off the underside. Add 8oz. dry pasta (any small-ish form), about 1/Three cup sliced solar dried tomatoes, and a pinch of crimson pepper flakes (elective). Stir every little thing collectively, place a lid on the skillet, and switch the warmth as much as medium-high. Allow the broth to come back as much as a boil, then give it a fast stir, change the lid, and switch the warmth all the way down to low or simply above low (the bottom temperature wanted to keep up a simmer).
Stir the pasta each couple of minutes, changing the lid shortly every time to keep up the simmer, till the pasta is tender (about 7 minutes). If there may be nonetheless an excessive amount of liquid when the pasta is tender, let it simmer for a minute or two with out the lid.
There needs to be SOME thickened liquid within the backside of the skillet. This is concentrated taste that may coat the sausage and broccoli as soon as they’re added again in.
Finally, stir the cooked sausage and broccoli again into the simmered pasta. You can both sprinkle the Parmesan over the pasta within the skillet and stir all of it collectively, or sprinkle a tablespoon or so over every bowl.
And that’s all it takes to make among the most wonderful pasta you’ve ever had in your life.