Before I let you know about this recipe, I wished to make a fast announcement to our Chicago pals – this Saturday I’ll be attending the Renegade Craft Fair Chicago on the Quaker Oats sales space. Stop by to say HI and luxuriate in a wholesome snack of Overnight Oats. I’ll be doing the meet & greet from 11:30am – 12:30pm, hope to see you there! (click on right here for particulars)
Ok, again to the recipe! Last week, I used to be as much as my ears in corn… this week, I’ve been consuming blueberries till I’m blue within the face. They’re so good proper now! Plus, they freeze properly, so in my view there’s no such factor as too many blueberries.
The very first thing I did with my market-load of blueberries was make this YUMMY blueberry chia jam that I scooped atop a number of batches of in a single day oats. I don’t know why I haven’t been making this breakfast mixture all summer season, it’s so scrumptious! We’ve been consuming in a single day oats with this blueberry jam all week.
If you’re new to in a single day oats (hello, I’m form of too), they’re really easy to make as a result of they don’t must be cooked. The recipe I like comes straight from the Quaker Oats web site. It’s a 1:1 combination of oats to exploit (I exploit vanilla almond milk). Overnight, they soften they usually’re prepared for you within the morning. Overnight oats are a terrific grab-and-go breakfast in addition to a clean canvas for no matter toppings, fruits, and many others, you want.
For my toppings, I made this Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats recipe and used my contemporary blueberry chia jam – the right use for all of my further blueberries!
Once your jam is prepared and has set (let it sit within the fridge for at the least an hour), layer up your jars with oats, almond milk, chia jam, further blueberries and lemon zest. Pop it within the fridge and luxuriate in your oats for breakfast the following morning!
I ought to add that I additionally wish to prime mine with some toasted sliced almonds (add a pinch of sea salt whilst you toast them). If I get up with a candy tooth, I drizzle on some further maple syrup!
Overnight Oats with Blueberry Chia Jam
- three cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon contemporary lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- three tablespoons chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- Make the jam. In a medium saucepan over medium warmth, simmer the blueberries, lemon juice, and vanilla for three to five minutes, gently mashing and stirring usually. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt and take away from the warmth. Stir within the chia seeds and tranfcer to a glass jar. Let cool barely, then set within the fridge to relax for at the least an hour. If your jam isn’t set sufficient, stir in additional chia seeds.
- Assemble the oats. Add Quaker Oats to a glass jar, pour within the milk, and layer blueberry jam, blueberries, and lemon zest.
- Refrigerate in a single day and luxuriate in within the morning.
Optional: add toasted sliced almonds for crunch (add a pinch of sea salt whilst you toast them), and an additional drizzle of maple syrup if you happen to like sweeter oats.
This put up was created in partnership with Quaker Oats. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that maintain us cooking!