I’ve prevented cauliflower for some time as a result of each time I look it’s been actually costly. Apparently we went by way of a scarcity at the very same time that cauliflower rice, cauliflower pizza crust, and cauliflower “alfredo” sauces hit their peak reputation, and we fell in to an all-out cauliflower disaster. I keep in mind listening to a narrative about it on the radio which cited heads of cauliflower promoting for over $7 in some areas! Whut. Anyway, costs have come down a bit, I’ve found this pre-shredded or “riced” cauliflower at Trader Joes, and I’m having plenty of enjoyable experimenting with it. This week I made this amazingly recent and vibrant Thai-inspired Peanut Lime Cauliflower Salad and I can NOT cease consuming it!
So this riced cauliflower is completely a comfort product, however I’m okay with that as a result of personally it’s well worth the small enhance in worth to not should prep the cauliflower myself. If that’s not the case for you or if you may get a head of cauliflower for a lot lower than I paid for the bag of riced cauliflower, right here is a superb tutorial from The Kitchn on making cauliflower rice (meals processor or field grater). It’s not laborious, however I don’t thoughts pay only a bit further to have it already accomplished for me. 😛 Also, I cooked my cauliflower rice as a result of I choose the flavour of cooked cauliflower over uncooked, however if you’re a uncooked cauliflower fan you possibly can completely simply make this salad with uncooked “riced” cauliflower.
I modeled this salad after my Nam Sod recipe, however determined to maintain this one vegan because it was just one ingredient away from being vegan anyway. That one ingredient is fish sauce. I completely love the recipe as written under, however in the event you’re an omnivore and need to experiment, strive including a bit of fish sauce (perhaps 1/2-1 tsp?) to the dressing.
Peanut Lime Cauliflower Salad
Peanut Lime Cauliflower Salad
Total Cost: $5.24
Cost Per Serving: $1.31 (1.25 cups every)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or a impartial oil) $zero.23
- three cups riced cauliflower $2.49
- Pinch of salt $zero.02
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger $zero.10
- 1 recent lime (2 Tbsp juice) $zero.19
- ½ Tbsp soy sauce $zero.04
- ½ Tbsp chili garlic sauce $zero.10
- 1 pink bell pepper $zero.99
- ¼ pink onion $zero.25
- ½ cup chopped peanuts* $zero.38
- 1 cup recent cilantro leaves $zero.45
- Heat a big skillet over medium, then add the oil and swirl to coat the floor. Add the riced cauliflower and a pinch of salt. Sauté the cauliflower over medium for about 5 minutes, or till it reaches your required stage of tenderness. Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl and permit it to chill as you put together the remainder of the substances (I positioned mine within the fridge for quicker cooling).
- Squeeze 2 Tbsp juice from the lime right into a small bowl. Add the grated ginger, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce. Stir to mix.
- Finely cube the pink bell pepper and pink onion. Pull the cilantro leaves from the stems and roughly chop them. Roughly chop the peanuts.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and peanuts to the bowl with the cooled cauliflower. Pour the dressing over high, then toss to mix the substances. Serve instantly or refrigerate till able to eat.
*You can use uncooked, dry roasted, salted, or unsalted peanuts.
Step by Step Photos
This recipe begins with “riced” cauliflower, which is simply cauliflower that has been damaged up into little items. This 1 lb. bag is simply over three cups. I believe some shops additionally promote this frozen, which might work simply as effectively. You can use this cauliflower uncooked or cooked for this salad, whichever you like.
I choose the flavour of cooked cauliflower to uncooked, so I used sautéed cauliflower in my salad. Heat a big skillet over medium warmth and add 1 Tbsp of a impartial cooking oil (I used coconut as a result of despite the fact that it has a robust taste, the flavour goes effectively with the substances on this dish). Add the cauliflower and a pinch of salt, and sauté for about 5 minutes or till it has reached your required stage of tenderness. Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl to let it cool as you put together the opposite substances. I counsel putting it within the fridge to chill quicker.
The dressing for this salad is extremely easy. Squeeze 2 Tbsp of recent lime juice from a lime and mix it with about 1 tsp freshly grated ginger, 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce, and 1/2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce (you need to use sriracha when you have that as an alternative).
Finely cube 1 pink bell pepper and 1/four pink onion. Pull about one cup of leaves from the stems of cilantro and provides them a tough chop (about 1/2 bunch). Roughly chop 1/2 cup peanuts. Add the bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and peanuts to the cooled cauliflower.
Pour the ready lime dressing over the salad…
And then stir to mix! That’s it! This salad is so extremely recent and vibrant. I completely LOVE it.
Shout out to Trader Joe’s for the superior costs on pink bell peppers and limes, too!