Perfect for the vacations, richly flavored pumpkin gingerbread made with pumpkin purée, flour, butter, ginger, molasses, brown sugar, and many spices.
This pumpkin gingerbread is one among our favourite treats for fall!
We nearly at all times have additional pumpkin sitting round this time of 12 months, both puréed and in cans, or contemporary. Two of my favourite candy fast breads are pumpkin bread and gingerbread.
This recipe began as an experiment to mix the 2. The outcome? A young, richly flavored loaf—spicy, molasses-y, and pumpkin-y.
It’s straightforward to make too. You could make your personal pumpkin purée from scratch or simply use canned pumpkin purée.
Recipe up to date with new video, initially revealed 2011.
Check out our video for Pumpkin Gingerbread:
Pumpkin Gingerbread Recipe
By the way in which, we made one batch of this pumpkin gingerbread forgetting so as to add the melted butter and what? It’s nonetheless turned out high quality. Not as moist because the butter model, however nonetheless good, and higher the subsequent day. I nonetheless desire the butter model, however if you’re making an attempt to chop again, you’ll be able to go away it out.
- 1 half of cups (200 g) all goal flour*
- half of teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons floor ginger
- 1 half of teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1/four teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1 cup (240 ml) pumpkin purée**
- half of cup (1 stick, or 112 g) butter, melted
- half of cup darkish brown sugar
- half of cup (120 ml) molasses
- 1 Tbsp finely minced candied or contemporary ginger (optionally available)
- 2 eggs, crushed
- three Tbsp water
- half of cup raisins (optionally available)
* I’ve additionally made this pumpkin gingerbread utilizing gluten-free flour from King Arthur. Turned out nice!
* * To make pumpkin purée from items of leftover pumpkin, simply roast or boil the items till tender, then take away the pores and skin. Smash the cooked pumpkin with a fork. If utilizing an entire pumpkin, sugar pumpkins work finest. Cut in half, scoop out the strings and seeds, bake the pumpkin halves at 350°F on a foil-lined baking pan till gentle, about 45 minutes to an hour. When cool, scoop out the flesh and mash with a fork.
1 Preheat oven and put together pan: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray or butter to maintain the pumpkin gingerbread from sticking to the pan.
2 Mix dry elements: In a medium bowl, vigorously whisk collectively the flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
three Mix moist elements: In one other bowl, use a wood spoon to combine collectively the pumpkin purée, melted butter, sugar, molasses, contemporary or candied ginger, eggs, and water.
four Combine the moist and dry elements. Add the raisins if utilizing. Stir solely till integrated.
5 Bake: Place the batter into the ready loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes, till a bamboo skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clear.
6 Cool: Remove from oven and let cool within the pan for 10 minutes. Then gently run a knife across the fringe of the loaf and invert the loaf to take away it from the pan. Let it cool on a rack utterly earlier than slicing.
The loaf’s taste will enhance with time. If you chop into it whereas it’s nonetheless a bit heat, it could be crumbly. In which case chances are you’ll need to make your slices with a bread knife.
Hello! All images and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our images with out prior written permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your personal distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to Pumpkin Gingerbread on Simply Recipes. Thank you!