I simply woke as much as a snowy white Saturday morning, which signifies that it’s the right day for… salad! Ok, possibly I’m the bizarre one which simply loves salad it doesn’t matter what’s occurring round me. If you’re craving one thing heat and comfortable, go make a mug of this cacao scorching chocolate then come again right here in the event you’re on the lookout for a simple salad to make for weekend vacation festivities. This one shall be your go to throw-together winter salad that you just’ll crave if you desire a break from cookies and different indulgent treats.
The recipe comes from our e-book and after making it a number of occasions Thanksgiving weekend, I simply needed to share it right here as a result of it’s such a breeze to place collectively. You could make it hours prematurely and although it’s made with so FEW components, it’s so scrumptious.
Quick tip: search for pre-shredded Brussels sprouts (I’ve seen them in lots of shops not too long ago). I don’t usually purchase pre-cut greens in baggage however I received’t inform in the event you received’t inform.
Also, a reminder that our cookbook makes an amazing vacation present! It’s full of tons simpler and scrumptious recipes like this one 🙂 Click right here to learn extra about it!
Shredded Brussels Sprout & Cranberry Salad
- four cups Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- ¼ cup recent lemon juice
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup grated pecorino cheese (optionally available)
- ⅓ cup chopped chives
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts utilizing a mandoline in case you have one. Place them right into a medium bowl and toss with the olive oil, lemon juice, pine nuts, cranberries, pecorino cheese, chives, and pinches of salt and pepper.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, then style and alter the seasonings. Finish with a further drizzle of olive oil in the event you like.
If you make this, allow us to see! Tag your picture with #loveandlemons on Instagram.