Sometimes you simply want issues ASAP—that’s, as SIMPLE as doable. 😉 That’s after I pull out recipes like these Simple Mushroom Broccoli Stir Fry Noodles. The sauce is unimaginable easy, however hits all of the bases (candy, salty, spicy, tangy) and because of frozen broccoli florets and pre-sliced mushrooms, the greens required NO CHOPPING. Yay! This is the right weeknight dinner, if there ever was one.
This is principally a vegetarian model of my Stir Fry Beef Noodles, with slightly extra sesame oil to carry up the bottom notes within the absence of beef, and slightly cornstarch so as to add physique to the sauce. If you’re not into broccoli and mushrooms, you can do quite a lot of different greens of their place, together with snow peas, pink bell pepper, child spinach, or carrots.
And lastly, whilst you may in all probability use nearly any noodle for this dish, I actually just like the large rice noodles that I used under. They absorb the sauce properly and aren’t too heavy regardless of their large form.
Simple Mushroom Broccoli Stir Fry Noodles
Simple Mushroom Broccoli Stir Fry Noodles
Total Cost: $6.22
Cost Per Serving: $1.56
STIR FRY SAUCE
- ¼ cup soy sauce $zero.40
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil* $zero.33
- 1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce* $zero.21
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar $zero.02
- 1 Tbsp water $zero.00
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 7oz. large rice noodles $1.50
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil $zero.04
- 8oz. sliced white mushrooms $2.49
- 2 cloves garlic, minced $zero.16
- ½ lb. frozen broccoli florets $zero.85
- 2 inexperienced onions, sliced $zero.20
- Prepare the sauce first, so it is able to go when wanted. In a small bowl stir collectively the soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar, water, and cornstarch till the cornstarch is dissolved. Set the sauce apart.
- Cook the noodles in accordance with the bundle instructions, then drain in a colander. The large rice noodles I used wanted to be boiled for about 7-Eight minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, warmth a big skillet over medium warmth. Once scorching, add the cooking oil, sliced mushrooms, and minced garlic. Sauté till the mushrooms launch all their moisture and start to brown on the perimeters.
- Add the frozen broccoli florets (no have to thaw) and sauté for only a couple minutes extra, or till they’re not frozen however nonetheless shiny inexperienced (they might nonetheless be chilly, however they are going to warmth via within the subsequent steps. It’s vital to not over cook dinner the broccoli).
- Finally, add the cooked and drained noodles and the ready sauce. Stir and cook dinner, nonetheless over medium warmth, for 1-2 minutes extra or till every part is cooked via and the sauce has thickened and not swimming pools on the underside of the skillet. Top with sliced inexperienced onions and serve.
*For extra details about toasted sesame oil and chili garlic sauce, scroll right down to the step-by-step images.
Step by Step Photos
Prepare the straightforward stir fry sauce earlier than you start to cook dinner in order that it’s able to go once you want it. In a small bowl stir collectively 1/four cup soy sauce, 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil, 1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 Tbsp water, and 1 tsp cornstarch.
Two substances that I usually get questions on are chili garlic sauce and toasted sesame oil. This chili garlic sauce is made by the identical firm that makes the well-known inexperienced prime sriracha, so that you’ll discover it in most shops that promote sriracha. It’s a chunky mixture of spicy pink pepper, garlic, and vinegar. So, in a single ingredient it provides spicy, garlic, and tangy vinegar to the sauce. It’s additionally tremendous cheap. Toasted sesame oil is a really potent nutty oil that provides a LOT to sauces. Don’t skip this one. It often is available in smaller bottles and doesn’t alway say “toasted”. You can inform when it’s toasted by the colour, although. Regular sesame oil is a lightweight straw coloration, similar to vegetable or canola oil. Toasted sesame oil is a deeper brown coloration.
Cook 7oz. noodles in accordance with the bundle instructions. I choose these large rice noodles for this stir fry. To cook dinner these noodles, carry a pot of water to a boil, then add the noodles, and boil for 7-Eight minutes or simply till tender. Drain the noodles in a colander.
While the noodles are cooking, you’ll be able to start the remainder of the stir fry. Heat a big skillet over medium. Once scorching, add 1 Tbsp cooking oil and swirl to coat the floor of the skillet. Add 8oz. sliced white mushrooms and two cloves of minced garlic. Sauté till the mushrooms have launched all their moisture and start to brown (the desire appear dry at first, however then launch a bunch of moisture that can accumulate within the skillet. After that the moisture will evaporate and the mushrooms will start to brown.)
Next add half lb. frozen broccoli florets to the skillet. Sauté them for only a couple minutes extra, or till they’re not frozen however nonetheless shiny inexperienced. It’s okay in the event that they’re nonetheless a bit chilly, simply make sure that they’re not completely frozen at this level.
Finally, add the cooked and drained noodles and the ready sauce. Continue to stir and cook dinner over medium till every part is coated in sauce and the sauce has thickened and is not pooling on the underside of the skillet.
Top with a pair sliced inexperienced onions and serve! So simple and so good. That’s how I like dinner.