A couple of weeks in the past I made a pasta dish that shortly turned my favourite, One Pot Sausage and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta. I used to be craving it once more and had a number of solar dried tomatoes left, however as an alternative of simply making the very same dish, I made a decision to attempt a vegetarian model. I added a number of toasted walnuts, a squeeze of contemporary lemon, and topped it off with feta as an alternative of Parmesan. This Skillet Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes Walnuts and Feta turned out simply as easy and extremely flavorful as the unique model, and will certainly make it’s approach into my common rotation!
What I like about this skillet pasta essentially the most is that lots of the elements might be saved available, both in your pantry or freezer, so it’s straightforward to whip up while you haven’t had the prospect to go to the grocery and your cupboards are slightly naked. I take advantage of slightly little bit of feta to high dishes very often as a result of it actually provides a pop of taste. It might be costly although, so remember to use it sparingly. The the rest of the feta might be frozen for future use. I like to chop my 8oz. block into 4 2oz. squares, which is concerning the quantity I often use per recipe (typically even much less!). A little bit bit goes a good distance.
I initially wished to make use of pine nuts for this recipe, however they had been simply exterior of my funds this time round. If walnuts are nonetheless slightly too expensive for you, you’ll be able to skip this ingredient and nonetheless have a extremely wonderful pasta.
Skillet Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes Walnuts and Feta
Skillet Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes Walnuts and Feta
Total Cost: $5.95
Cost Per Serving: $1.49
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts $zero.76
- 1 Tbsp olive oil $zero.13
- 2 cloves garlic, minced $zero.16
- ½ lb. frozen broccoli florets $zero.85
- 2 cups vegetable broth $zero.28
- ⅓ cup solar dried tomatoes $1.00
- 8oz. bowtie pasta $zero.75
- 1 contemporary lemon $zero.75
- Pinch of pink pepper flakes $zero.02
- 2oz. feta $1.25
- Place the chopped walnuts in a big skillet and toast them over medium-low warmth, stirring usually, till they odor toasty (1-2 minutes). Remove them from the skillet to a medium bowl.
- Add the olive oil and minced garlic to the skillet and switch the warmth as much as medium. Sauté the garlic for about one minute, or simply till it has softened and smells very aromatic. Add the frozen broccoli florets to the skillet with the garlic (no must thaw) and sauté for about two minutes extra, or simply till the broccoli is thawed via. Remove the broccoli to the bowl with the walnuts.
- Slice the solar dried tomatoes into small items or strips. Add the pasta, vegetable broth, solar dried tomatoes, about 1 Tbsp of the juice from the lemon, and a pinch of pink pepper flakes to the skillet, and stir to mix (the broth is not going to absolutely cowl the pasta and that’s okay). Place a lid on the skillet and switch the warmth as much as excessive. Allow the broth to come back as much as a boil, give the pasta a stir, exchange the lid, flip the warmth all the way down to low, and let it simmer for 7-10 minutes or till the pasta is tender and a lot of the broth has been absorbed. Stir the pasta each jiffy because it simmers, changing the lid shortly each time to keep up the simmer.
- While the pasta simmers, use a zester or small-holed cheese grater to take away the zest from the lemon. Once the pasta is tender and solely a small quantity of saucy liquid stays within the backside of the skillet, return the broccoli and walnuts to the skillet and stir to mix. Top with crumbled feta and zest from the lemon and serve.
Step by Step Photos
Add 1/three cup chopped walnuts to a big skillet and toast them over medium-low warmth, stirring usually, till they odor good and toasty (about 1-2 minutes). Once they begin toasting, they go quick, so use your nostril and take away them from the skillet when you odor that superbly toasty-nutty odor. Transfer them to a big holding bowl (giant sufficient to carry the broccoli as effectively).
Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to the skillet together with 2 minced cloves of garlic. Turn the warmth as much as to medium and sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes or till the garlic has softened and is aromatic. Add half of lb. frozen broccoli florets to the skillet with the garlic and sauté for only a couple minutes extra, or simply till the broccoli is thawed via (don’t over prepare dinner the broccoli). Remove the broccoli to the bowl with the walnuts.
Slice or chop 1/three cup solar dried tomatoes into small items or strips (I used the dry sort of tomatoes, not the type packed in oil). Add half of lb. bowtie pasta, the solar dried tomatoes, a pinch of pink pepper flakes, 2 cups vegetable broth, and about 1 Tbsp of juice from a lemon to the skillet. Stir to mix. The broth is not going to absolutely cowl the pasta, however that is okay. The steam trapped within the skillet will assist prepare dinner the pasta that’s not lined.
Place a lid on the skillet and switch the warmth as much as excessive. Allow the broth to come back to a boil, then shortly stir the pasta, exchange the lid, flip the warmth all the way down to low, and let it simmer for 7-10 minutes. Stir the pasta each jiffy because it simmers, changing the lid shortly every time in order that it maintains a simmer. Let it simmer till the pasta is tender and a lot of the broth has been absorbed. It’s okay if a small quantity of thickened liquid stays within the backside of the skillet.
Return the broccoli and walnuts to the skillet and stir to mix.
While the pasta is simmering you may as well zest the lemon and crumble the feta. I purchase an 8oz. block of feta, reduce it into quarters and freeze the parts that I don’t use.
Top the pasta with the crumbled feta and lemon zest. Serve and revel in! 😀