Summer has formally begun this week – and we’re making mojitos!
I hope your herb backyard is prepared as a result of as an alternative of the essential mint mojito, these are made with lemongrass and basil as properly. Basically, I wish to construct cocktails the identical method I strategy salads – the extra contemporary herbs and citrus, the higher.
To make these “skinny,” I skipped the sugar and sweetened these with Truvia Natural Sweetener as an alternative. It has no energy and it’s sweetness comes from the stevia leaf. Personally, I’d relatively splurge on a dessert than on a sugary cocktail so I like that these mojitos are on the lighter facet! Since stevia is sweeter than common sugar, slightly goes a great distance. half of teaspoon of Truvia is the same as 1 teaspoon of sugar.
For awhile, I used to be intimidated by getting ready lemongrass – however it’s really easy! Just peel off the outer leaves, exposing the softer a part of the stalk, like this:
The subsequent step isn’t pictured, however you need to take the again of your chef’s knife and bash that internal stalk in order that the flavors of the lemongrass launch. After that, cube it finely like this:
Muddle the minced lemongrass with the remainder of the components right into a cocktail shaker – then shake it up and pour!
Skinny Lemongrass Mojitos
- 2 lemongrass stalks, further items for garnish
- Big handful of mint (15 mint leaves), plus 2 sprigs for garnish
- eight basil leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Truvia Natural Sweetener
- 5 tablespoons contemporary lime juice, plus 2 slices for garnish
- 6 tablespoons white rum
- crushed ice
- eight tablespoons glowing water, extra as wanted
- Peel off the outer layers of the lemongrass. Use the again of a chef’s knife to (rigorously and safely) bash the internal tender elements. This will launch the lemongrass oils and make it extra flavorful and aromatic. Chop up the the lemongrass, this could yield about three tablespoons.
- In a cocktail shaker, mix the lemongrass, mint, basil and Truvia. Muddle with a cocktail muddler or the again of a giant spoon. Add the lime juice, rum and a handful of ice. Shake properly.
- Prepare 2 glasses with (extra) crushed ice. Strain the cocktail combination into the glasses, including a small spoonful of the muddled herbs. Top with glowing water and garnish every glass with a sprig of mint and a Four-inch piece of the lemongrass stalk. Add extra Truvia to style if you want your cocktail sweeter.
This publish was created in partnership with Truvia. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that preserve us cooking!
If you make this, allow us to see! Tag your photograph with #loveandlemons on Instagram.