It’s fall and sure, I’m nonetheless loopy in regards to the corn BUT hear me out – this cozy cornbread recipe is the right accompaniment to your favourite bowl of chili (two of my favorites are right here and right here). Chili and cornbread are, in my humble opinion, what fall desires are fabricated from. It’s the right dinner to cuddle up with on the sofa.
I’ve a couple of cornbread recipes right here on the weblog, however this spicy chipotle model is my new favourite. To the (vegan) cornbread base, I add chopped chipotle peppers, scallions, and kernels of contemporary corn (though frozen is ok too, see under). This cornbread is flippantly candy, savory, and a tad spicy. It freezes nicely so I wish to maintain a stockpile in my freezer for at any time when the cornbread craving hits 🙂
Spicy Chipotle Cornbread
- 1 tablespoon floor flaxseed + three tablespoons water
- 1 cup cornmeal (I like Arrowhead Mills)
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose or white/wheat combine)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, at room temperature
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup contemporary or frozen corn kernels*
- 1 chipotle from canned chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, permitting three inches of overhang on two sides, or flippantly spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flaxseed and water. Set apart to thicken for about 5 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the flaxseed combination, then add the almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the moist substances into the dry substances and stir till simply mixed. Fold within the corn kernels, chipotle, and scallions. Don’t overmix. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clear. Let cool for a minimum of 10 minutes earlier than slicing.
*if utilizing frozen corn, let thaw at room temperature on kitchen towels to take away extra moisture.
If you make this, allow us to see! Tag your picture with #loveandlemons on Instagram.