Y’all know I’m obsessive about eggs. You may know about my timeless love for sriracha (I don’t care if it’s been over finished, I nonetheless adore it!!). So it’s solely pure that I make Sriracha Egg Salad. I talked somewhat about Sriracha Egg Salad in my submit for Sriracha Deviled Eggs, however I needed to make a recipe particularly for this easy but scrumptious recipe. The Sriracha deviled eggs are a bit “heavier” in taste due to the smoked paprika and garlic powder, however you’re additionally in all probability consuming one or two halves (…in all probability). Chances are you’ll be consuming somewhat bit extra of the egg salad so I needed it to style somewhat lighter and extra recent. So I saved it easy, added somewhat lemon juice to lighten it up and make it much more tangy.
I’ll admit that I’m choosy about my eggs and I do pay for the dearer model, so it’s fairly doable for this recipe to be even much less costly than it value me under. I solely priced out the egg salad as a result of there are a number of methods you may eat this. Sandwiches are the traditional preparation, however you can additionally dip in your favourite crackers, stuff it right into a pita as an alternative of two slices of bread, wrap it up in a tortilla, and even place a scoop on high of a mattress of greens for a low carb lunch. No matter the way you serve it, it’s creamy, wealthy, tangy, and scrumptious!
Sriracha Egg Salad
Sriracha Egg Salad
Total Cost: $three.11
Cost Per Serving: $zero.78
- eight giant eggs $2.16
- ½ cup mayonnaise $zero.56
- 2 Tbsp sriracha $zero.18
- ¼ tsp salt $zero.02
- ½ tsp lemon juice $zero.03
- Freshly cracked pepper $zero.02
- 2 inexperienced onions $zero.14
- Place the eggs in a big sauce pot and add sufficient water to cowl them by one inch. Place a lid on the pot and convey to a boil over excessive warmth. Once it reaches a full rolling boil, flip off the warmth and let it sit with the lid in place for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes switch the eggs to an ice water tub to cease the cooking course of. Let the eggs sit within the ice water for 5-10 minutes earlier than peeling.
- While the eggs are cooking, put together the dressing. Combine the mayonnaise, sriracha, salt, lemon juice, and a few freshly cracked pepper in a bowl.
- Finally, slice the inexperienced onions and peel the eggs. Coarsely chop the eggs, place them in a big bowl with the sliced inexperienced onions, and pour the dressing over high. Stir to mix, then serve or refrigerate till able to serve.
Step by Step Photos
Start by onerous boiling eight giant eggs. Place the eggs in a sauce pot and add sufficient water to cowl by one inch. Place a lid on the pot and convey it to a boil over excessive warmth. Having the eggs within the pot because it comes as much as a boil helps stop them from cracking. Once the pot reaches a tough rolling boil, flip off the warmth and allow them to sit within the sizzling water (lid on) for 15 minutes. 15 minutes is the time wanted for LARGE eggs. If you’re utilizing a special measurement, you could want kind of time.
At the 15 minute mark, switch the eggs to an ice tub to cease the cooking course of (this can assist stop inexperienced yolks). I like to simply fastidiously pour out the recent water from the pot, add a TON of ice, after which sufficient water to cowl the eggs. Let the eggs sit within the ice tub for 5-10 minutes.
While the eggs are cooking, put together the salad dressing. Stir collectively half cup mayonnaise, 2 Tbsp sriracha, 1/four tsp salt, half tsp lemon juice, and a few freshly cracked pepper in a bowl.
Slice two inexperienced onions. Peel and roughly chop the boiled eggs. I like to go away my eggs barely chunky as they’ll break down a bit extra as you stir the salad.
Place the chopped eggs, sliced inexperienced onions, and dressing in a big bowl. (you can begin with much less dressing and add extra to your liking after stirring every thing collectively).
And then stir to mix. EASY! The dressing will seem sort of pink-ish at first, however will flip extra orange-y because it mixes with the egg yolks.
Serve the Sriracha Egg Salad instantly or refrigerate for later.