In case you missed it final week, I’m beginning a brand new “Sunday Meal Prep” collection the place I pair previous recipes collectively and present prep them forward for a number of days value of meals. I requested final week what you’d prefer to see and a few the commonest solutions have been vegetarian/vegan and chilly lunches. This week I’m hitting two of these matters with my Falafel and Hummus Box.
This field concept began with my wish to make my Homemade Falafel recipe once more. This tremendous easy recipes is so insanely flavorful and simple, and it had been manner too lengthy since I’d had them. I added some Homemade Hummus, as a result of that’s additionally very easy, and a aspect of my Super Fresh Cucumber Salad. I included a number of wedges of pita for every field to fill it out and to verify I had one thing to scoop up each drop of that hummus! Scroll all the way down to seize tips about pack this field so to maintain all of the elements at their finest! (And sure, I do eat this field chilly, together with the falafel.)
To make this field vegan, merely skip the feta cheese within the Super Fresh Salad.
Falafel and Hummus Box Meal Prep
THIS WEEK’S MEAL PREP INCLUDES:
eight Homemade Falafel $1.72
1 batch Homemade Hummus $2.24
1/2 recipe Super Fresh Salad $three.65
2 complete wheat pita (1/2 pita per field) $zero.86
Total Cost: $eight.47
Cost Per Box: $2.12
- I added every part into one field for the pictures, however IRL I’d wrap the pita individually in a small sandwich bag, or at the least lay a bit of parchment over the remainder of the contents and place the pita on prime to separate it from the moist stuff.
- I’m a “a little bit of everything on one forkful” sort of particular person, so it doesn’t hassle me to have all this stuff crammed into one field. If touching meals bothers you, contemplate investing in divided meal prep containers, like these. There are additionally divided meal prep containers made out of glass, like these.
- The unique recipe for the Super Fresh Salad is sort of giant, so should you don’t need left overs I counsel slicing the recipe in half to make simply sufficient for the 4 packing containers.
- The recipe for Falafel makes greater than eight items as nicely, however these will be frozen for cooking later.
- You’ll possible have some leftover purple onion after making these two recipes, so I counsel making a fast batch of Pickled Red Onions! They’re the finest!
- I feel the one different leftover ingredient it is best to have can be some cilantro. If you needed, you could possibly truly do a jalapeño cilantro flavored hummus to make use of up a few of that cilantro.