Sometimes I’ve to go towards all website positioning guidelines and identify recipes for what they’re to me. This salad is 100% SUPER FRESH. Thanks to this salad, once I open my fridge I’m hit with probably the most deliciously contemporary aroma of cucumbers, parsley, and crunchy inexperienced peppers, and it’s past pleasant. It’s one huge bowl of chilly, crunchy, juicy, loveliness.
This Super Fresh Salad isn’t something progressive or new (I also have a few variations already on the location), however typically I prefer to put up what I’m at present making simply because I do know somebody someplace on the market will discover it useful. This week once I took a glance in my fridge and noticed leftover pink onion and leftover feta, I knew instantly that I wanted to choose up a few cucumbers and tomatoes to make this salad.
You can take this primary salad and switch it into so many various issues. You could make it slightly fancier and add some kalamata olives, you can also make it extra vegetable heavy by including in some crunchy chopped Romaine lettuce, or make it a tad extra filling by tossing in some cooked orzo. Lots of choices, so maintain this recipe readily available for utilizing up leftovers and filling out your dinner menu with tons of tremendous contemporary greens!
Goes nice with: Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken, Greek Marinated Chicken, Chicken Shawarma, Greek Turkey Burgers
Super Fresh Salad
Super Fresh Salad
Total Cost: $7.30
Cost Per Serving: $1.22 (1-1.25 cups every)
RED WINE VINAIGRETTE
- ¼ cup olive oil $zero.52
- 2 Tbsp pink wine vinegar $zero.20
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice $zero.06
- 1 tsp dried oregano $zero.10
- ½ tsp salt $zero.02
- Freshly cracked pepper $zero.03
- 2 cucumbers $1.58
- four Roma tomatoes (about 1 lb.) $2.08
- ½ small pink onion $zero.38
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper $zero.98
- ¼ bunch parsley $zero.23
- 2oz. feta $1.12
- Prepare the French dressing first to let the flavors mix as you put together the remainder of the salad. In a small bowl whisk collectively the olive oil, pink wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and a few freshly cracked pepper. Set the dressing apart.
- Peel the cucumbers if desired. Dice the cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell pepper. Thinly slice the pink onion*. Pull the parsley leaves from their stems, then give them a tough chop. Crumble the feta cheese.
- Place the cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, pink onion, parsley, and feta in a big bowl. Pour the dressing over prime, and toss to mix. Serve instantly or refrigerate till able to eat. This salad holds up nicely over a number of days within the fridge. Be certain to stir briefly to redistribute the flavors earlier than serving.
*To take the tough chunk out of the pink onion, make sure you slice them very thinly and soak them in a bowl of ice water for 5-10 minutes earlier than draining and including them to the salad.
Step by Step Photos
Make the pink wine French dressing first to let the flavors mix a bit when you put together the remainder of the salad. In a small bowl, whisk collectively 1/four cup olive oil, 2 Tbsp pink wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp dried oregano, half tsp salt, and a few freshly cracked pepper. Set the dressing apart.
These are all of the greens (and feta) that I used within the salad. Two cucumbers, one inexperienced bell pepper, four Roma tomatoes, half small pink onion, about 1/four bunch parsley, and a pair of oz. feta. Peel the cucumber when you like. Dice the cucumber, bell pepper, and Roma tomatoes. Slice the pink onion VERY thinly. Pull the parsley leaves from the stems, then roughly chop them. Crumble the feta. To take the chunk off the pink onions, be certain that to slice them very thinly and you’ll soak them in ice water for 5-10 minutes earlier than including them to the salad.
I simply needed to point out you the way I chop my cucumbers. I like to cut them right into a chunky cube for this salad as a result of it helps them maintain up slightly higher within the fridge. I prefer to peel stripes into the pores and skin first as a result of it provides them a cool visible impact as soon as chopped. I then minimize them into about 1/2-inch vast rounds, and minimize every spherical into quarters. That provides me good chunky items of cucumber.
Place your cucumbers (these are on the underside), bell pepper, tomato, pink onion, parsley, and feta in a big bowl.
Stir the dressing yet another time, then pour it over the salad.
And then merely toss to mix. You can serve it instantly or refrigerate for later.
And if you do open your fridge later, you’ll be all like, “Ahhhhhhhh SUPER FRESH!” Or no less than I did. 😛