Have you tried candy potato noodles? In the previous, I’ve made zoodles and doodles (noodles made out of daikon radish), nevertheless it didn’t happen to me till not too long ago to make swoodles(?). Is that what we’re calling them? Anyway, one night time, with a hungry abdomen and minimal components readily available, I noticed this attractive recipe for Spaghetti Aglio e Olio, and I spotted I might make one thing related utilizing candy potatoes instead of the pasta.
This recipe begins with 2 medium candy potatoes – you’ll be shocked what number of noodles they make, and then you definitely’ll even be shocked by how a lot they prepare dinner down within the pan. This recipe will make about three decent-sized servings, relying on the scale of your candy potatoes.
P.S. I’m a giant fan of the Inspiralizer as a result of not like the opposite sorts that I’ve tried, it clamps all the way down to your countertop making the “noodling” course of far much less irritating and also you received’t have candy potatoes throughout your ground.
Because this isn’t precise pasta, extra is extra. The toppings are a very necessary element on this recipe to make the flavors and textures extra thrilling. Add loads of toasted pine nuts, basil, grated cheese (or vegan “cheese” from this submit), and serve with dollops of pesto.
You can even customise this to your liking: roasted tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, roasted broccoli, and goat cheese (if that’s your factor) can be nice additions.
Sweet Potato Noodles with Garlic & Kale
- 2 medium candy potatoes, spiralized
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, sufficient to properly coat the pan
- three garlic cloves, thinly sliced sliced
- ¼ teaspoon purple pepper flakes, extra as desired
- 2 to three tablespoons water
- four cups child kale (or thinly sliced lacinato kale)
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- ⅓ cup recent basil, sliced
- dollops of pesto (this recipe with basil instead of kale)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds or toasted pine nuts
- grated pecorino cheese, elective
- Peel the candy potatoes. Slice in half and and minimize the sharp suggestions off. Place within the spiralizer and spiralize into noodles. Alternatively, you should utilize a julienne peeler (though that is harder, so I like to recommend spiralizing).
- Heat the oil in a big deep skillet over medium warmth. Add the garlic and prepare dinner till till the garlic slices are frivolously golden brown, about 5 minutes, decreasing the warmth if needed (ie, if the olive oil is effervescent an excessive amount of, flip the warmth down, you do not need the garlic to burn). Add just a few beneficiant pinches of salt, purple pepper flakes, and some grinds of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Add the candy potato noodles and toss to coat. Let prepare dinner for two minutes, gently tossing and scraping down the edges of the pan.
- Add 2 to three tablespoons of water and toss once more to make sure that nothing is sticking to the underside of the pan. Cover and let the candy potato noodles proceed for five extra minutes or till they begin to soften and are tender however nonetheless have a crisp “al dente” chunk. Check and toss sometimes in order that they prepare dinner evenly. Be cautious to not overcook or they are going to begin to break aside (this occurs rapidly).
- During the final minute of cooking, stir within the kale in order that it wilts into the noodles. Remove from warmth and switch to three or four bowls.
- Serve with the recent basil, a dollop of pesto, hemp seeds or pine nuts and pecorino cheese, if desired.