Happy Saturday buddies!
We’re presently having a lazy morning that’s consisted of smoothies and Shark Tank… a.okay.a, our Saturday morning “cartoon”. It’s darkish and drizzly outdoors so we’re possible not leaving the home anytime quickly.
I believed I’d take a second to pop in and share this tremendous easy latte recipe. I posted it on Instagram earlier this week however I believed I’d share it right here too. Earlier this 12 months, I finished consuming *a lot* espresso (not that I really feel there’s something incorrect with espresso!) and began consuming extra matcha. This week, I’ve moved onto this natural turmeric tea latte.
It’s calmly candy, properly spiced, and creamy from the mix of coconut milk and almond milk. I adore it with a grind of black pepper which sounds a bit of bizarre however “they” say that the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are activated when mixed with black pepper, which is why Indian curries comprise turmeric and likewise black pepper. I used to be scared at first, however I believe it provides such an fascinating spicy kick… and that is coming from the woman that used to despise pepper. Let me know what you assume should you give it a strive 🙂
Tea-cheers to weekend!
Turmeric Black Pepper Latte
- ½ cup gentle coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 Turmeric Tea Bags, reminiscent of Traditional Medicinals Medowsweet & Ginger*
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup, or sweetener of your selection, to style
- a couple of grinds of freshly cracked black (or multicolored) peppercorns
- a dusting of cinnamon
- Combine the coconut milk and almond milk and warmth till simply boiling. Pour over 2 tea luggage and steep for three to five minutes. Remove the tea luggage and add maple syrup to style. Finish the latte with a little bit of freshly cracked pepper and a dusting of cinnamon.
*You may additionally strive utilizing 1 teaspoon floor turmeric and 1 teaspoon freshly floor ginger – steep it with the milks after which pressure it earlier than serving.
If you make this, allow us to see! Tag your photograph with #loveandlemons on Instagram.