You guys. I didn’t know if something might ever prime my Hearty Black Bean Quesadillas, however we now have a very sturdy contender! These tasty little quesadillas are full of tender rooster items, creamy cheddar, spicy jalapeños, black beans, cilantro, and purple onion, and drenched in the tangy goodness of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce. They’re merely unbelievable. So I’ve to thank Sweet Baby Ray’s for partnering with me on this recipe, difficult me to get artistic with their basic BBQ sauce, and inadvertently main me to find these Ultimate BBQ Chicken Quesadillas. I’ve a brand new love.
This recipe is sort of versatile, too. If you’re not into black beans, simply double the rooster. Not into rooster (or desire a vegetarian model), double the black beans. Jalapeños too scorching or cilantro tastes like cleaning soap to you? Either one in every of them could be skipped and also you’ll nonetheless have a extremely rockin’ quesadilla. Want to attempt one thing enjoyable? Add some crushed (and nicely drained) pineapple!
Any pre-cooked rooster will work for these quesadillas. If you’re within the behavior of shopping for rotisserie chickens, simply use one breast (from one facet) and chop the meat into small cubes. Grilled rooster additionally works nice and lends an excellent smokier taste. I used one boneless, skinless rooster breast that I cooked on my countertop grill, however you can additionally simply prepare dinner it up shortly in a skillet if wanted. Just purpose for about 1.5 cups of cooked rooster.
You prepared for this awesomeness??
This publish is sponsored by Sweet Baby Ray’s Authentic, Award-Winning BBQ Sauce. “The sauce is the boss!” 😂 I like that.
Ultimate BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
Ultimate BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
Total Cost: $7.26
Cost Per Serving: $1.45 (2 quesadillas)
Serves: 10 quesadillas
- 1.5 cups chopped cooked rooster $1.50
- 15oz. can black beans, drained $zero.95
- ¼ purple onion $zero.19
- 1 jalapeño zero.12
- ½ cup contemporary cilantro $zero.23
- 2 cups shredded cheddar $1.99
- 1 tsp chili powder $zero.10
- ½ tsp smoked paprika $zero.05
- ¼ tsp salt $zero.02
- ½ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce $zero.53
- 10 7-inch flour tortillas $1.58
- Add the chopped rooster and drained black beans to a big bowl. Finely cube the purple onion. Remove the seeds from the jalapeño, then finely cube. Pull the cilantro leaves from their stems and roughly chop. Add the onion, jalapeño, cilantro, shredded cheddar, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, and BBQ sauce to the bowl with the rooster and beans. Stir till every thing is evenly mixed.
- Place about ⅓ cup of the BBQ rooster combination on every tortilla and unfold it evenly over one half of the floor. Fold the tortilla closed. Cook the crammed and folded tortillas in a dry skillet over medium-low warmth, till the surface is brown and crispy, the filling has heated by way of, and the cheese has melted. Cut every quesadilla in half and serve.
Not positive what to do with the remainder of the bottle of that superior BBQ sauce? There are a TON of straightforward scrumptious recipes on the Sweet Baby Ray’s web site, plus recipe movies on their Youtube channel. Don’t let a drop of that goodness go to waste!
Step by Step Photos
Begin by chopping about 1.5 cups of cooked rooster into small items. You can use grilled rooster, rotisserie rooster, and even rooster that has merely been cooked in a skillet.
Finely cube 1/four of a purple onion. Remove the seeds from one jalapeño and likewise finely cube. Pull the leaves from the stems of about 1/2 cup contemporary cilantro, and roughly chop them. Shred 2 cups of cheddar (if not already shredded).
Add the chopped rooster, one 15oz. can of black beans (drained), purple onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and cheddar to a big bowl.
Add 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, and 1/four salt to the bowl.
Stir till every thing is nicely mixed and coated in BBQ sauce.
Place about 1/three cup of the BBQ rooster filling on every 7-inch flour tortilla and unfold it over one facet. Fold the tortillas closed.
Cook the tortillas in a dry skillet over medium-low warmth till they’re brown and crispy on the surface, heated by way of, and the cheese is melted.
Slice every Ultimate BBQ Chicken Quesadilla in half and serve!
Serious taste bomb!!