There’s a vegan restaurant that we love in Chicago referred to as The Chicago Diner. Jack and I make it some extent to cease there almost each time we’re on the town. The meals is actually good, however the factor to get there are the milkshakes – the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough milkshake to be precise. And sure, it’s as decadent because it sounds. A few weeks in the past, we ate lunch there and I tried to not order one. Then Jack’s shake got here to the desk and I mentioned, “I’ll just have one little sip… ok, well maybe just one more…” and earlier than I had stolen almost his complete shake, I made a decision I ought to re-create them for the weblog.
Instead of creating common cookie dough to mix into my milkshake, I made a brand new model of those No-Bake Almond Oatmeal Cookie balls to make use of as a substitute. So this recipe has 2 elements:
1. No-bake Peanut Butter Oat Cookie Bites, that are a scrumptious wholesome snack on their very own.
2. The milkshakes, that are made by mixing a few of the cookie balls with almond milk and ice cream.
Although my unique cookie dough ball recipe was a scrumptious one, I’ve improved it right here – these new cookie balls not solely have a shorter ingredient record however they’re naturally sweetened with dates they usually comprise no added oil. They’re additionally a lot faster to make.
To assist me re-create this recipe, I used my new kitchen helper, Google Home. I needed to maintain the identical general ratio of dry-to-liquid components, so it was useful (when my arms had been messy with peanut butter dough) to name out questions like “hey Google, how many tablespoons are in 1/3 cup,” or “hey Google, what’s 1 cup, plus 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, minus 1/4 cup.”
Google Home can be very helpful for setting a number of kitchen timers and including gadgets to your grocery purchasing record. Fun tip – you can even name out “play cooking music,” or “play baking beats,” that are some enjoyable playlists to hearken to within the kitchen. 🙂
So right here you’ve got it – my “healthy-ish” but nonetheless fairly darn decadent model of the Chicago Diner milkshake. If you wish to make these rather less indulgent, you should use a frozen banana instead of the ice cream and make smoothies.
Pop the additional cookie ball bites within the fridge or freezer for later.
Vegan PB Cookie Dough Milkshakes
- 1½ cups complete rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- eight comfortable Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon floor flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup creamy pure peanut butter
- three tablespoons heat water
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 6 peanut butter oat cookie dough balls + 2 for garnish
- 1 cup almond milk
- Big handful of ice
- 2 large scoops of vanilla ice cream*
- Chocolate sauce, non-obligatory*
- Whip cream, non-obligatory*
- Chocolate chips, non-obligatory*
- Make the Peanut butter oat cookie dough balls: In a meals processor, pulse collectively the oats, walnuts, dates, flaxseed, vanilla and sea salt till effectively mixed. Add the peanut butter and heat water and pulse till the combination sticks collectively whenever you pinch it between your fingers. Transfer the dough to a bowl and stir within the chocolate chips. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the combination for every dough ball and use your arms to roll them into balls.
- To make the milkshakes, mix 6 cookie dough balls with the almond milk and mix on excessive velocity till easy. Add a handful of ice and mix till mixed. Add the ice cream and pulse 2 instances simply to mix. Don’t soften the ice cream. Pour into two glasses and garnish every with a cookie dough ball and with desired toppings.
- The remaining cookie dough balls will be saved within the fridge or freezer.
- Makes 2 milkshakes.
To make these gluten free, remember to use Certified Gluten Free Oats.
This publish is in partnership with Google Home. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that hold us cooking!